Thursday, February 21, 2013

Quick, the kids are both napping!

After 4 months of my son being here, I'm still getting used to the idea of having kids, not just a kid. And it truly is lucky when they are both asleep for a nap at the same time. I hope to squeeze in this blog post before one of them wakes up.




The Front Range Modern Quilt Guild swapped our Madrona Road Challenge pillows on Saturday, and boy did I hit the jackpot! This beauty was masterfully made by Marti and is both foundation pieced AND hand quilted. Seriously awesome! Our guild had such a wonderful showing for the pillows. There was not a single pillow out of the whole bunch that was a dud. Of course Lyn will have delayed gratification of getting one of my pillows. Sorry, Lyn, but at least the pillow will come with a cool story!




I'm not going to win any awards for photo styling, but time is of the essence... I just made two adorable toddler/little girl aprons. The pattern is a freebie from Heather Mulder Peterson, just scroll waaaaay down. Each one only takes 3 fat quarters and they go together quickly. I can't wait for my daughter to wake up so I can give hers to her. The other is for my niece. My daughter loves to help in the kitchen and play with her food. (Thanks to Marti again, since 5 of the fat quarters I used were ones I won when she offered it up as a guild giveaway!)

I hear stirring upstairs...


No comments :