Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Good Vibrations in Quilts and More

Used with permission from Quilts and More magazine. 2014 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.

I'm so excited to announce my first ever pattern published in a magazine! The project I designed (and sewed and even quilted myself!) is called Good Vibrations and can be found in the Fall 2014 Quilts and More. It's a little modern, will look fantastic in many different fabrics, and is very easy to piece. The small lap-sized quilt definitely packs a visual punch. The issue should hit the newsstands on August 12.

Used with permission from Quilts and More magazine. 2014 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.

I even made the cover, down there on the lower right! You can see the other featured projects from this issue, here: www.allpeoplequilt.com/fall There are some excellent ones. I'm definitely making a Petite Chic quilt (by Emily Herrick of Crazy Old Ladies) for my cousin's yet to be born baby out of a layer cake from my stash.

It is an amazing full-circle moment for me since that magazine division cannot be more responsible for me getting into quilting. I freelanced for them right out of college where the then editor Heidi Kaisand encouraged me to borrow one of their sewing machines, and the rest is history. I wrote about it a bit more, years ago, in another post.

Used with permission from Quilts and More magazine. 2014 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.

I have to say a special thank you to Art Gallery for the gorgeous fabrics. If anyone is interested in copying this look, they are Carnaby St. by Pat Bravo along with some of their basics. I know I can still get these prints at one of my LQS, and some of them have been added to their basics lines and coordinate with some of their newer collections, too. I'm a huge Art Gallery fan! Their fabrics sew like butter and they have some of my favorite fabric designs, plus they have a deep selection of lovely basic prints.

6 comments :

Lana said...

What a great day for you!!!! And, I really think you did a great job!
Congratulations!

Heidi Kaisand said...

Absolutely awesome Kari! So happy for you. And, how sweet of you to mention me. I love that you love quilting...it's an amazing thing. I linked your blog on my store page so that everyone can join in on your celebration.

Naomi said...

Congratulations! That is one awesome quilt.

Unknown said...

I just found this quilt in the Quilts and more catalog and am dying to make it. I'm having a hard time identifying what the mint fabric in the middle is and also the pink fuchsia one towards the top. I believe they are labeled fabrics H & K. Can you help me with their names so I can get them ordered? Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Ive just made this project with similar fabrics from the same line. I love it.

LindaJB said...

I have just found your blog, I love this quilt, Magazine was available in Australia in a couple of newsagents. I did this quilt with mostly material from my stash, really liked the light green to finish off the design so had to source some of that.
I made this quilt top in just a couple of days and remember how easy your instructions were to follow thank you for great pattern